ISO 7816 based smart card reader
DSMART bridge to APB, AHB, AXI bus, it is a fast, versatile and cost-competitive core intended for smart card reader applications. It provides a communication interface with a smart card based on ISO 7816-3/EMV4.2/4.3 requirements. DCD’s IP Core implements hardware support for both T0 character oriented protocol and T1 block oriented protocol. It was designed to combine highly reduced CPU utilization and low area consumption. The DSMART is able to activate and deactivate cards, perform resets, handle ATR reception and offers many additional features. Configuration options allow you to adjust the DSMART to your particular needs and choose proprietary options, which will be the most suitable for the design. Data transfer to and from the host system can be interrupt-driven or executed through Direct Memory Access (DMA). The automatic convention detection and decoding mechanism ensure the exact result regardless of the used convention. Elementary Time Unit (ETU) – time duration of one bit is decoded from the received ATR interface byte and generated automatically. The card clock divider provides non-gated clock with a wide range of possible frequencies. A special power down mode was implemented in which the card clock is being held in two possible states, depending on the card parameter. An error signaling and character repetition are automatic for the T0 protocol. The DSMART also incorporates optional CRC/LRC hardware checking and generation mechanism, which gives a convention-independent result. The received CRC/LRC is not stored in the FIFO but can be read in case of CRC/LRC error. Additionally the optional block length counter provides security of the DMA block transfer and automatic CRC/LRC, subjoining with a manual affixing option. A special block mode handles block transfer automatically. Status and error registers provide necessary information about the FIFO state, errors and card events.
* Note that DSMART works with all major CPUs and is 100% compatible with DCD’s MCUs – enabling the same – cryptography.
All DCD’s IP Cores are technology independent which means that they are 100% compatible with all FPGA & ASIC vendors e.g.
- Altera / Intel,
- Xilinx / AMD,
- Microsemi / Microchip,
- SK Hynix
- Compatible with the ISO 7816-3: 2006 and EMV 4.2/4.3 standard
- Support for asynchronous Smart Cards
- Dual configurable length FIFO with two programmable thresholds
- Card detection input
- Software-configurable interrupts
- Automatic convention detection and decoding
- Programmable non-gated card clock generator
- Automatic ETU generator
- DMA support for transmit and receive
- Hardware CRC and LRC calculations
- Card power down mode with clock stop high and clock stop low possibility
- Special fast block mode for T1 protocol (optional)
- CRC/LRC hardware generation and checking
- Byte counter with automatic CRC/LRC affixing (optional)
- No tri-state buffers
- Fully synchronous synthesizable design
- Available system interface wrappers:
- AMBA – APB / AHB / AXI Bus
- Altera Avalon Bus
- Xilinx OPB Bus
The DQ80251 is a revolutionary Quad-Pipelined ultra high performance, speed optimized soft core of a 16-bit/32-bit embedded microcontroller. The core is fully...
Size (gates) 13500
Code space 8MB
Instructions compatibility 8051, 80251